Thursday, 30 December 2010
Since I was thinking that I hadn't signed up to enough official reading challenges that I would scour the blogosphere to find some suitable one and look what I came across! Over on Deranged Book Lovers they are hosting the Wordsworth Classics Reading Challenge for 2011.
- You can read any classic novels which are included in list of Wordsworth Classics. You don't need to read wordsworth edition, you can pick any publisher releases as long as those releases are unabridged.
- It’s okay to re-read. You can put the book you’ve read in the past in your list as long as you’re going to read it again in 2011. Set your target and list the book you want to read along with the challenge button in your blog and fill the form. Don't forget to put the link in Mr. Linky! This way I can keep track of your progress and add you as candidate for the giveaway.
- You don't have to review those books but if you want you can link them so I can read it ^^. I will provide a follow-up blog post for that and you can link your reviews or anything related to this challenge.
- This is a year-long challenge (Jan 1, 2011 - Dec 23, 2011) so you can still commit to it in the middle of year 2011. All you need to do is fill the form. I will announce the giveaway winner on December 25, 2011.
Peasant: 1-4 books
Bourgeois: 5-8 books
Knight: 9 – 12 books
Noble: more than 12 books
- Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Villette by Charlotte Bronte
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- The Lost World and other Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Vanity Fair by William Thackeray