Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Book Review - Company of Liars by Karen Maitland

 Thursday 20 May 2010

Good Evening dear folk!
Another review vlog for you now, I apologise for it's rambling long-windedness in advance.

Title: Company of Liars
Author: Karen Maitland
Date Read: 18/5/2010
Genre: Historical Fiction
Description: The year is 1348. The Black Plague grips the country. In a world ruled by faith and fear, nine desperate strangers, brought together by chance, attempt to outrun the certain death that is running inexorably toward them. 

Each member of this motley company has a story to tell. From Camelot, the relic-seller who will become the group’s leader, to Cygnus, the one-armed storyteller . . . from the strange, silent child called Narigorm to a painter and his pregnant wife, each has a secret. None is what they seem. And one among them conceals the darkest secret of all—propelling these liars to a destiny they never saw coming. (Taken from Goodreads)


Sum up in a Sentence: A brilliantly fast-paced medieval tale full of quirky characters with hidden intentions.

My Rating: 4.5 Stars out of 5! Highly Recommended!

There you have it folks. I know that my reviews still need a *lot* of work so any feedback on them would be greatly appreciated.
LadyV

3 comments:

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR 21 May 2010 at 00:21  

I can't WAIT to read this book! I added it to my TBR the other day!

Jenny Q 21 May 2010 at 17:00  

Hello Lady V, and thank you for hopping by today! I am now a follower of yours. I read this book last year and enjoyed it. I hope to get to The Owl Killers sometime this year! Happy reading!

Marg 22 May 2010 at 10:12  

Last year I was desperate to read this author's books, and then it just didn't happen! Need to put them back on my list.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP