Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Booking Through Thursday - Bedside

 Thursday 27 May 2010

Halloooo!! Sorry for the slightly odd greeting I'm just not used to being up so early - I mean it's still before noon!! (no really I've been sleeping in waaay too late recently)
Anyways decided that since this weeks BTT topic is nice and easy and won't ramble off into the monster post that last week's was I'll get it done before I head off for my exam *yippee*

"What books do you have next to your bed right now? How about other places in the house? What are you reading?"

So glad you asked. Well currently on my bedside table there is the ARC of Forget You by Jennifer Echols which I re-read last night and read for the first time earlier that afternoon (yes I read it twice in one day- I had to make sure it was as marvellous as I thought) and you can be expecting the review of it later today although *that* post could turn out quite lengthy as I may start gushing about my favourite part of the book. Where was I? Oh yea bedside table - the other book currently sat by my bed is the book I was reading before Forget You arrived yesterday which is the one I used for my Teaser Tuesday this week - The Taste of Sorrow by Jude Morgan (check out the teaser Here)

I did have another book on the bedside table but since I haven't touched it since I got back to uni after Easter I relegated it to the top bookshelf where all the other unread books live but it has lots of company so I don't think it's lonely up there- oh the book is a biography of Katherine Howard (the ill-fated 5th wife of Henry VIII) written by Joanna Denny. It's not that I didn't like the book but I wasn't really in the mood for non-fiction, I'll get back to it before the summer's out.

I don't really have books scattered around my flat at the moment because I share it with 3 other people (2 agreeable, one whom I won't spew my diatribe about right now- I want to keep this post clean) so my room is where my books live; most are on the top shelf and stacked up fairly high but there are some in a basket underneath my bed which are the books I've read and there's also one lone book sat near me on the desk - Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, which is a gorgeous blue leather hardback with a wonderful old book smell that I might take in my bag later when I head up to campus for a  bit of reading either before or after the exam.

Since I've already mentioned the book I'm currently reading above I shall now end this post. It will be rather interesting to see how many books other people have piled up by their beds considering that my pile is rather small.

Have a nice Thursday Folks
LadyV

7 comments:

gautami tripathy 27 May 2010 at 12:45  

I don't read in bed. So no books on my bedside!

BTT: Bedside

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR 27 May 2010 at 12:57  

Hey LadyV!
I already said this on Twitter but good look on your exam today! :)
I decided to participate in Booking Through Thursday for the first time. Did you create this? I'm linking back here because I'm not sure. :)
My Booking through Thursday>

sprite 27 May 2010 at 14:40  

Good luck with your exam. And I'll be stopping back later to read your review of the ARC. Something worth reading twice in one day is definitely something to consider adding to my reading queue.

Alayne 27 May 2010 at 15:19  

Sounds like I'll have to check back later for that review of Forget You! My bedside list is at The Crowded Leaf.

Melanie 27 May 2010 at 15:29  

I have Forget You on my wish list. Glad to hear it was so amazing; will check back for the review!

Ray 27 May 2010 at 16:19  

Amber - I didn't create this meme I forgot to link it back to the Booking Through Thursday blog over here

Thanks for the good luck wishes folk but alas the exam was ruddy awful and I'm dubious to know the results :S

The Social Frog 27 May 2010 at 23:54  

I always have most of my books with me at all times on my Kindle!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP