Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (2)

 Monday 24 May 2010

Good grief is it really Monday again?? Sometimes I swear I'm going to sleep on Wednesday and then I wake up to find it's Sunday or something similarly ridiculous. Anywho you're probably wanting to know what books I've read this past week eh? Well without Further ado here we go!


It's Monday What are you reading? Is a bookish meme hosted by Sheila from One Person's Journey through Books and Coffee where we gather together to share what we read this past week and what we're planning to read this week.

Books I read Last Week
Company of Liars by Karen Maitland (Review Here)
Pride by Rachel Vincent
A Memoir of Jane Austen by James Austen-Leigh
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
The High King by Lloyd Alexander

I also finished listening to an audiobook of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I had a few days when I had no inclination to read dead-tree books so listening to the audiobook before bed was quite relaxing.

Books I'm Currently Reading
Last night I started The Taste of Sorrows by Jude Morgan which is the fictionalised story of the Bronte family and all the woe they suffered (and boy did they suffer!) I'm currently 77 pages in and enjoying it a fair bit although I don't know whether I might have benefitted by reading up more about the family before I started because it would have prevented any confusion I might feel at some point.


Books I might read Next
Well since I only actually read one of the three books I intended to read last week I shall repeat the intention to read them both this week.


Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine


All the Things we Didn't Say by Sara Shepard

And if it arrives before the end of this week I shall most *definitely* be reading this


Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
*SQUEEE!!!* I ordered the US hardback off The Book Depository and I'm hoping it will arrive very soon!!! God I want to read it sooo bad!!! *does jig of joy*

So anyway those are the books that I've read/reading/might-read-in-the-near-future although the last section is subject to change according to my moods, I will likely read more than just those three books since I have a stupid number of TBR books with me at Uni (Seriously check out the vlog I did showing my collection a couple of weeks ago Over here

But that's all for now folks, What are *you* reading this fine Monday??
LadyV

8 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) 24 May 2010 at 14:45  

The Taste Of Sorrow is a new title to me but sounds really good. Love the Brontes! Have a super week of great reads!

Stephanie 24 May 2010 at 16:23  

It looks like you've had a great week. An Abundance of Katherines is on my shelf to read soon.

http://laughingstars.net

Jan von Harz 24 May 2010 at 17:12  

I having been seeing lots of people who have ben reading Spirit Bound. I have not read any of this series,but maybe I need to. Hope you have a great week.

The1stdaughter 24 May 2010 at 18:32  

The Sara Shepherd novel looks so cute I'm going to have to look it up! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

Anna Marie 24 May 2010 at 18:53  

I listed to An Abundance of Katherines a while back. It was the first audio CD I'd purchased in MP3 format rather then regular audio disk. I enjoyed the book and I think if they'd put a better cover on the print edition, I'd have more luck hand selling it to boys. I think it is a great boy/road trip title.

Tales of Whimsy 24 May 2010 at 21:47  

I LOVE the cover of All the Things We Didn't Say :)

Violet 25 May 2010 at 00:19  

I liked An Abundance of Katherines and just recently started reading (and loving) the Vampire Academy series. I am reading Blood Promise right now. My Monday post is here. :)

Beverly 25 May 2010 at 07:27  

Great books! Hope you find time to read and enjoy them! Have a great week! Stop by and check out what I got at The Wormhole
I truly love Lloyd Alexander! I hope you enjoyed that series!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP