Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (6)

 Monday 21 June 2010

OoooOooo... by the time you're reading this folks I shall probably be on a plane heading back through time(zones) to Barbados as I'm off on cricket tour for two weeks. I'm hoping the scheduling will work correctly and that this will post when I tell it to rather than have a special moment on me. I should have probably planned better for getting posts ready ahead of time but my brain is far too lazy to think of stuff to say. Hopefully I'll come back with several reviews written of books that I can type up and get all post-happy with plus I'll do a special Barbados pics post to show you the fun times I had on tour.

But I'm digressing


It's Monday What are You Reading? is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Sheila of One Person's Journey through a World of Books where we gather to share what we've read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs and add new titles to our reading lists.


Books I read Last Week

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin - Reviewed Here

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray - Review Coming Soon

Last Chance by Sarah Dessen (re-read) - Review Coming Soon

Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris - Review Coming Soon

Books I plan on Reading in the next TWO Weeks

As I'm going to be away for two weeks I plan on taking several rather chunky books with me although I will be limited by the weight restrictions which sucks because if I run out of books to read I may have to resort to buying more and that will make things even worse!

 The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier (I haven't read a du Maurier yet this month and this looks to be rather interesting)

The Life of Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell (I'm determined to finish this while I'm away)

The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (It's enormous but I want to finish this trilogy)

Cross Stitch (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon (I found a rather beat-up copy which I wouldn't mind replacing after I've read it)

Emma by Jane Austen (This is actually a copy which my parents had randomly in the study that I'm "borrowing")

I may take a couple more, smaller books but those are the main ones I intend to read. That should last me... a while anyway but on a 9 hour plane journey I could get a lot read. Dang it I may have to read slowly for once!

Well I hope folk are having a good Monday and I'll  be back soon!
LadyV

7 comments:

Jan von Harz 21 June 2010 at 10:22  

Wow Barbados, that sounds like fun. Hope you enjoy yourself. Looks like some great books to read while you are away. Enjoy!

NancyO 21 June 2010 at 13:28  

You are really going to enjoy House on the Strand. It's a departure from the usual DuMaurier fare, but still quite fun.

Stephanie 21 June 2010 at 15:13  

These look good. I read House on the Strand many years ago, and I still remember it. it was a terrific read!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger 21 June 2010 at 15:38  

What fantastic things you have coming :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) 21 June 2010 at 17:39  

The House On The Strand looks fantastic! Seriously! AND - you are on a cricket tour? That is so awesome! I love hearing about peoples lives when they are not reading! Have fun!

Donna 21 June 2010 at 22:13  

I'll be reading Emma in the next couple of week, also. Probably next week.

heather 22 June 2010 at 13:03  

I hate having to ration books because of weight requirements. I just got an iPad so maybe being able to download several will make it easier on my next trip. Have fun in Barbados.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP