Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Hear ye! Hear ye! Recommend Me!

 Tuesday 20 July 2010

Well now, if that post title didn't get your attention then I don't know what will :P

I need your help dear followers, my younger sister has set me the task of compiling a list of books that she should read and/or buy. Now her criteria is rather specific because she doesn't want to read any old type of book, oh nooo she's looking for YA, realistic, romance novels a la Jenny Han and Sarah Dessen. Weirdly since she read Twilight and had the whole "omg Edward is so awesome!" phase (which thank *gawd* has now passed) she's not been interested in the whole paranormal, vamps and werewolves side of YA literature like loads of other Twihards have been. On the contrary it was the love story which she liked most and now she wants to read books that at least have *some* romance in them, it doesn't have to be the whole focus of the book but at least a smidgin of chemistry would be lovely.

So that's the point of this post, to beg and plead you wonderful folk to help a sister out and recommend me some awesome YA realism books so I can further the literary education of my prodige. Although I know names of several authors whose books fit my sister's criteria I think it would be better to ask people who've actually read them to say whether or not they're worth a look.

Please leave any recommendations you may have in the form below (enter as many as you like!). Alas there is nothing material to be gained from this other than the knowledge that you've helped to spread your love of a particular book to someone who may enjoy it just as much as you did.

I greatly appreciate your help
LadyV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP