Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (7)

 Monday 19 July 2010

Goooood Morning folks! I meant to get this done last night so it wouldn't be up too late today but I was too tired so here I am at half 11 scrambling to do the post before I actually get up and get on with stuff. *sigh*


It's Monday What are you reading? is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Sheila at One Persons Journey through a World of Books where we can all share what books we read last week, what we're currently reading and what books we plan on reading this week.

Books I read Last Week
 I had a pretty good reading week although I did no reviews (I'm working on at least one though)
Dreamland - Sarah Dessen. Amazing yet heart-breaking (Review Coming Soon)
A Kiss in Tine - Alex Flinn. Fun fairy-tale re-telling (Review Coming Soon)
Cracked Up to Be - Courtney Summers. Intense and intriguing (Review Coming Soon)
Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris. Fast-paced Vampy goodness 
Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman. Fantastic dystopian novel (Review Coming Soon)

Books I'm Currently Reading
Well I'm currently in-between quick reads but at some point this week I want to go back to the book I started in Barbados.



Emma - Jane Austen

Books I plan on Reading this Week
Since I have a rather large pile of books bough last week I'll probably pick up a few of those in the evenings but the following are the ones that I will have to read.

Moon Called - Patricia Briggs. This is a library book that I want to take back in a few days.

Shiver - Maggie Stievater.  I want to re-read this before my copy of Linger arrives!!

The Summer I turned Pretty - Jenny Han. My own sister has read this before me and already ordered the sequel off amazon! (I've created a monster I tell you)

The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson. I love the format of this and the story sounds amazing.

So that's the basic outline of my reading week planned, knowing me I'll either read all of them, only a few or none at all because I've chosen completely different books at the last minute but hopefully I'll be consistent.

When I can get my lazy butt into gear and actually finish some reviews I will get them posted but I have major writer's block on reviews like you won't believe. I can read books like the wind but I'll be damned if I can churn out a coherent review in under five hours. I'm sorry I know you lovely people must be getting sick of there just being memes on here.

Anyways I've gotta be off, What are You reading this fine Monday?
LadyV

9 comments:

Alison Can Read 19 July 2010 at 13:30  

I read The Sky Is Everywhere last week. It is beyond wonderful.

Savannah 19 July 2010 at 14:04  

Ohhh, I love Moon Called and Shiver. Both awesome books!

Kathy Martin 19 July 2010 at 14:04  

I like your plans for this week. Both Moon Called and Shiver were excellent. Here is my Monday report. Happy reading!

Jan von Harz 19 July 2010 at 15:09  

I am planning on reading A Kiss in Time this week. I loved Beastly. I also need to run out and get Linger as I can't wait to read it. You have some awesome books lined up for this week enjoy.

Emidy @ Une Parole 19 July 2010 at 17:00  

Great books! I've been interested in reading Emma for a while, now. And don't worry about not being able to write reviews - that happens to me all the time! I can't wait to read them, though.

Rachel 19 July 2010 at 19:34  

Good luck with Emma - I know a lot of people that love it, but I couldn't get through it. Persuasion and P&P definitely top my Austen list!

A love the Charlaine Harris/Sookie books! I also love your description of "fast-paced Vampy goodness" - so true :)

You can find my Monday reads here: raesamm.blogspot.com

Ellie 19 July 2010 at 20:36  

Looking forward to your reviews Rachel... y'know, in case I missed any off my wishlist when you BOUGHT the bloody things! ;-)

Sheila (Bookjourney) 19 July 2010 at 22:05  

I have yet to read Shiver but I really want to! :D

Samantha 19 July 2010 at 23:15  

That's funny, I just finished Moon Called and really liked it. I'm waiting on Linger as well. Have a great week! :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP