Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Jess and Rach's Book-Hauling Trip of Awesome - The Conclusion!

 Thursday 15 July 2010

Even with the trip being cut short we still managed to buy almost 40 books between us in just two days which is pretty good by anyone's standards. I'll now list the books we each got and show you the pics of them all laid out on the floor.


Rachel's Books
A Kiss in Time - Alex Flinn
Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman
The Sky is Everywhere - Janny Nelson
Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink
The Alchemist's Daughter - Katherine McMahon
The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler
Gone - Lisa McMann
Crusade - Robyn Young
The Summer I turned Pretty - Jenny Han
Dreamland - Sarah Dessen
Sister's Red - Jackson Pearce
Requiem - Robyn Young
Cracked Up to Be - Courtney Summers
Guitar Girl - Sarah Manning
By Midnight - Mia James

Jess's Books
Leviathan - Scott Westerfeld
The Magician's Guild - Trudi Canavan
The Secret Scripture - Sebastian Barry
Petals on the Wind - Virginia Andrews
Desire - Louise Bagshawe
Be Careful What you Wish for - Alexandra Potter
Living Dead in Dallas - Charlaine Harris
The Bed I Made - Lucie Whitehouse
The Forbidden Game - L.J. Smith
Into the Garden - Virginia Andrews
My Single Friend - Jane Costello
Dead to the World - Charlaine Harris
Lucky - Alice Sebold
Numbers - Rachel Ward
Hunger - Michael Grant
Cross Stitch - Diana Gabaldon
Club Dead - Charlaine Harris
My Worst Best Friend - Dyan Sheldon
The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
By Midnight - Mia James
Flowers in the Attic - Virginia Andrews
Cuban Heels - Emily Barr

Phew! My 16 books to Jess's 22 means she wins on the quantity front but since this wasn't exactly a competition it doesn't matter all that much how many we both got. A lot of these books were from charity shops so we got some awesome bargains on books we really wanted. As much as I love Waterstones and their evil 3 for 2 offers I do much prefer to pay either Amazon prices or even cheaper for books even if that means they are not going to be top quality condition.
All 38 books in their prettiness - considering how many books we both have already we're gonna have *soo* much trouble finding where to put all these new additions.

I have loved doing this trip with my best friend especially since we don't get to see each other very often - although we're only an hour apart it's a bit too far for frequent meet-ups :( We spent so much time talking and laughing that my throat was actually quite sore by Tuesday night but heck I didn't mind.
We were incredibly lucky to have found each other as neither of us have another friend who is anywhere near as compatible and bookishly nerdy so I have to thank the Twilight Lexicon for providing the means of beginning of a most valuable friendship that I will cherish for a very long time.

Jess, I miss you already and I can't wait until we next get to meet up. Love ya hun! *hugs*
Now if you good folk will excuse me I'm going to get a cup of tea, get in to bed and watch the third Little Mermaid Film just because I feel like it.

Night
LadyV

5 comments:

Ellie 15 July 2010 at 23:39  

Ohhhhh yes, you just swan off to bed with your cup of tea now you've EXPANDED MY AMAZON WISHLIST BY A WHOLE PAGE!!! BAD Rachel... (I'll let Jess off since she's poorly, awwww.) Now, I think I might go try and stay awake a bit longer to read some more, so I stand a chance of actually being able to fit some of these new recs into my flat one day! :-)

Jess 16 July 2010 at 12:06  

Ah I love all of our books :) My post of the trip is finally up seems as I'm feeling a bit better today.

Tesni 16 July 2010 at 16:02  

Wow. Can I come on your next road trip?
*looks at books* Hunger, Noughts and Crosses, Dreamland, Guitar Girl, the Sky is Everywhere...Indeed, that's a truly fantastic haul. I hope you enjoy them all!

A Book Adventure 16 July 2010 at 18:45  

Whoaa tons of new books. I'm feeling the urge to have another book relapse :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP