Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

I'm in the mood for dancin' and er Dystopia!

 Thursday 12 August 2010

As everyone is *well* aware by now August is the month that all Hunger Games fans have been waiting for with ever-increasing excitement since the third book in the Trilogy - MOCKINGJAY is being released on August 24th (US) and 25th (UK). Gods know *I'm* dying to read it the second it arrives and woe betide any evil gits who spoiler it on the 24th.

But besides the awesomeness of The Hunger Games trilogy, there's also many fab Dystopia series out at the moment, Michael Grant's GONE series, Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking Trilogy, James Dashner's Maze Runner trilogy (Second book coming out this October). Although I've not actually read The Knife of Never Letting Go or The Maze Runner yet, they look totally amazing and are sitting on my shelf waiting for me to pick them up.

Which is what I'm planning to do this month. Since it was two weeks yesterday until the release of Mockingjay I'm now going to spend the next 13 days reading *just* Dystopia novels  including rereading The Hunger Games and Catching Fire and reviewing them here on the blog. As well as reading the books I have, I'll try and borrow from the library several "classic" dystopian novels such as 1984, Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451 and freak myself out with how their versions of the future match up to the present, or not as the case may be.

Also over at Presenting Lenore there's a month of Dystopia funkiness going on including reviews, giveaways and interviews with authors of dystopian novels. There's a contest going on for a 6 book prize pack where you enter with your reviews of dystopian books read this month which I'm hoping to enter once I get cracking tonight with The Maze Runner. The prizes look awesome and the more reviews you do, the more chances you have to win!

So Here's to an amazing two weeks of Dystopian lit!
Bring on the Apocalypse!
LadyV

6 comments:

Ellie 12 August 2010 at 21:51  

I'm sensing a terrific hit to my wishlist coming on... *battens down the hatches, hides under the kitchen table and braces herself*

Ray 12 August 2010 at 22:09  

Ellie : LOL! I reckon you probably are gonna be in real trouble when Jess and I both post reviews for the Maze Runner :P

Emidy @ Une Parole 13 August 2010 at 03:51  

All I can say is this: READ THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO. Right now! It's too amazing for words. You'll be addicted, I guarantee.

Liz 13 August 2010 at 05:12  

I love the way you've phrased everything in this post. And I too have heard great things about The Knife of Never Letting Go and own it--I can't wait to actually read it.

Tea and Tomes 13 August 2010 at 11:20  

Hopping by from the Book Blogger Hop!

I'm a big fan of dystopias myself, and have been ever since I read Lois Lowry's "The Giver" when I was young. The idea of a so-called perfect society that isn't nearly as awesome as it makes itself out to be really appeals to me, possibly because I'm the cynical type who sees the seeds of that in our own societies these days anyway. :p But I do love my some good dystopian lit!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP