Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #17 The one before I'm Home Alone

 Sunday 15 August 2010

Morning All! What's slightly horrifying to me is that I may already be awake when this posts (I tend to schedule posts for 7am). My parents and sister are off to Florida for three weeks tomorrow and by some insane decree *I* have been ordered to be conscious and lucid at 6:30AM!! on a Sunday!?!? to see them off to the airport. I'm fairly sure I can at least manage to be vertical but there's no way in hell that I'll make any sense at such a ridiculous hour.
Why am I not going as well you ask? Simple, the flights cost too damn much and I've already had a holiday in the Sun this summer. I would love to go since I've not been for nearly 2 years and I miss the immense rollercoasters and the huge bookstores :P but alas I cannot - perhaps next year before I embark on my year abroad in France and Spain. So I have the house all to myself for three weeks Yay me!! (god I should never say that again)

Anyways on with business. As always In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie where we all get together to share what books we've acquired during the week.

Un Vlog pour vous


Books Mentioned in Vlog
Forest Born by Shannon Hale 
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (because I read it last night, I bought it back in Feb)
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain (Not shown because I don't have it yet, but I will hopefully soon)

So that's all I've had this week and I've been given strict instructions by my lovely, yet tyrannical sister NOT to buy more than 7 books with my own money while they're away so the next few weeks of IMM could be pretty sparse unless I get books given to me cos they don't count into the 7 book limit :P. However luck be willing my marvellous sister will be hunting out 15 books that I really, really want whilst in Florida so when she comes back I'll have a MASSIVE IMM to show y'all and it'll be jam-packed with awesome and I may not be able to talk for excitement *can't wait!*

What did y'all get this week in *your* mailboxes?
LadyV

5 comments:

Dazzling Mage 15 August 2010 at 12:04  

I still have The Dark Divine on my shelf, but haven't read it yet. Hmm.. I really should.

Lol, happy reading!

Amber 15 August 2010 at 16:49  

I'm from Florida and it's true that we do have a great selection of books. =P I hope your sister finds what you are looking for. I have The Dark Divine in my TBR pile right now.

As for this week I got The Eternal Ones and Prophecy of the Sisters.

Emidy @ Une Parole 15 August 2010 at 19:10  

A few books are better than none, as I always say! I can't wait for your review of The Knife of Never Letting Go.

Lori 15 August 2010 at 21:51  

I hope that you enjoy your books. Happy reading. Check out my mailbox

Unknown 15 August 2010 at 22:15  

I want to read the Dark Devine! Great week :)
Here is my mailbox for the week <3

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP