Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #18 The one in Two Parts

 Sunday 22 August 2010

Howdy Folks, this here is a kinda special IMM cos I have got books on opposite sides of the Atlantic although I won't see the bunch from Florida for another 2 weeks.

In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie where we all get together to share what books we've acquired in the past week.

Ze Vlog


Books Mentioned in Vlog
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Everlost by Neal Shusterman
Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris


Now for the cool part...
Several thousand miles away on t'other side of the Atlantic my dear sister has a list of 15 books that I'd really rather like and she has recently informed me that 5 of these books have been found and purchased for me.
So I'm now the proud owner (in spirit) of the following books

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent
My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Still Sucks to be Me by Kimberley Pauley

It's quite hard to describe how excited I am to read Inside Out, I know it's being released in the UK in Jan 2011 but dang it I can't wait that long! I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to show you actual footage of my spangly new books cos I'm gonna try and enlist my sister (and her Flip camera) to film them and post it up on Youtube.
But if not then you'll just see the books I acquire during next week.

Anyways this has been a rather lovely evening (I watched Up earlier - it's so awesome :D) and now I shall get myself off to sleep or I'm gonna have *loads* of trouble getting up tomorrow for a cricket game which I have no clue how to get to. Oh yea I think tomorrow is gonna be stressful - unless of course the game gets cancelled because of rain *does special tribal rain dance*. Let's hope that's enough lol.

So what have ye got in your mailboxes this week?
LadyV

8 comments:

The Readings of a Busy Mom 22 August 2010 at 08:19  

yay for sisters and poo for bans...my hubby just put one on me he says me tbr pile is ever growing and not getting read - i dont know how he works that one out as i read 4 - 5 books a week most of the time!!

Lisa 22 August 2010 at 13:36  

I love your haul this week

here's mine

Amber 22 August 2010 at 16:16  

Great books! I'm glad your sister could find them for you.

Up is an amazing movie. The first ten minutes of it are some of the saddest in film I think. I never cry at movies but that one broke my stone cold heart.

Happy reading!

E.J. Stevens 22 August 2010 at 17:21  

Great mailbox! I want to read all of these. My IMM Birthday Edition is here.

xx,
E.J
From the Shadows

Emidy @ Une Parole 22 August 2010 at 17:53  

Ah, nice books! I haven't read any of them myself though. Of course, I have read some very positive reviews! I'm especially wanting to read Inside Out. Anyways, enjoy!

P.S. Isn't Up just the cutest movie ever? I love it so much.

Alison Can Read 22 August 2010 at 20:07  

I love Kimberly's books. Will Grayson was excellent as well.
Alison Can Read

Ellie 23 August 2010 at 00:17  

Rachel darling, you just haven't got the hang of this, have you? While your parents are away, you buy LOADS of books, then hide them somewhere unassuming for a long enough time so you can just pretend they've been around for ages.

P.S. Am I allowed to raid these books you're sending my way and read a few before they hit the shelves? Pretty please? With a cherry on top? *smiles hopefully*

Truth Be Told Blog 27 August 2010 at 01:16  

Ah I have been wanting to read the My Soul too... series. SOunds awesome.

Great week for you!

www.TruthBeToldBlog.com

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP