Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (12)

 Monday 23 August 2010

Morning all, chances are that I'll wake up hours *after* this posts since I'm totally shattered and finding it hard to wake up before noon (I suppose it doesn't help that I'm still up at 1:30am watching various US tv shows just because I can) but anyway I need to get cracking so I can get to sleep.

It's Monday What are you Reading? Is a weekly bookish meme where we get together to share what books we've read in the past week, what books we're currently reading and what new books we're planning on reading in the coming week along with any reviews or interesting posts. It's hosted by Sheila @One Person's Journey through a World of Books

Books I read last week
I've just realised that I had a pretty poor week of reading and only finished two books.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 
I am working on getting reviews up for both of these but I'm having a slight block at the moment so it may be a couple of days yet.

Book I reviewed Last Week
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith - Review Here

Books I'm Currently Reading

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - this is possibly one of the most intense books I've read this year and I've actually had to put it down because I just know the part I was about to read was going to blow everything out of the water. Hopefully I'll pluck up the courage to carry on soon, but I keep desperately wanting for things to work out in the character's favour and I know that it's extremely unlikely to happen. 

Books I'm Planning on Reading This Week
MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins - I don't care what it takes or how much it costs me I *am* reading this book the second I get my hands on it which *will* happen this week. I'm seriously considering cancelling my lame-ass amazon order which isn't even due to dispatch until the 26th and just buying it in a bookstore on Wednesday cos dammit I don't wanna wait the 5 days it'd take to arrive. 

Besides that I have no clue what I'm gonna be reading, hopefully I'll get my reading mojo back although I reckon that'll happen when I stop staying up stupidly late watching TV and then sleeping in until the PM *sigh* I'm such an idiot really.

ALSO; this week is going to be when Jess, Ellie and I reunite for Book Hauling Road Trip of Awesome Part Deux, on Wednesday and Thursday we'll be raiding charity shops etc. for fabulous bargains although we'll be doing it with a bit more selectiveness since both Jess and I are a tad broke and already have far too many books :P So keep an eye out for posts from those days.

Anyways I'm beat and signing off now to go collapse on my bed.
Night y'all
LadyV

7 comments:

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR 23 August 2010 at 11:23  

I know you're in the UK so maybe that's how you got your hands on Forbidden...I really want to read it but Amazon doesn't even give the US a pub date (I think, at least last time I checked).

Tea 23 August 2010 at 12:44  

I have to read The Hunger Games and Mockingjay.

Kathy Martin 23 August 2010 at 14:33  

This is going to be a Mockingjay week for quite a number of us YA bloggers. It should be great seeing what everyone thinks. My Monday report is here. Happy reading!

Ellie 23 August 2010 at 20:32  

Oh, sweet Rachel... I'm not sure if your book selectiveness in the charity shops is a good thing (leaves more for me!) or a bad thing (you'll make me look bad if I stagger back to the shop with twice as many even though it's your trip!)... One more day to go and then you'll be here!

Anonymous,  24 August 2010 at 08:29  

I'm glad you read the Hunger Games! Awesome huh? I can't wait to get my hands on Mockingjay tomorrow (well I guess its today now).
I've awarded you the One Lovely Blogger Award! Here is the link:
http://everylastpage.blogspot.com/2010/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Tina 25 August 2010 at 09:41  

Love the post!

And I have the exact same award for you over at my blog too, because yours is absolutely wonderful:
One Lovely Blog Award

>< I feel a little silly, but take it as confirmation that your blog is indeed lovely. :D

●▬▬▬๑۩ Tina @ Book Couture ۩๑▬▬▬▬●

Sheila (Bookjourney) 25 August 2010 at 17:28  

Hunger Games and Catching Fire may be the only books you read last week but they are two wonderful reads!

I set up a linky today for people to link any Mockingjay posts so please feel free to do so when your review is up :D

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP