Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

September Round-Off

 Thursday 30 September 2010

Holy crispy mallards! Where has this year gone? We're now three-quarters of the way through the year and I'll be lucky if I can remember even ten percent of what I did during that time :S My birthday is now only 6 days away *hint hint* and my lectures start on Monday (at 1pm so it's not all bad). But on the bright side I finally have internet in this here flat and I've had a really good reading month, well I think so anyway.

So yea let's kick off this monthly round-up with ye olde liste of bookes :P (Don't ask what's going on in this post - I honestly don't know)

September
144. Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter (6/9/2010 AM)
145. The Alchemist's Daughter by Katherine McMahon (6/9/2010 PM)
146. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris (7/9/2010 AM)
147. Scarlett Dedd by Cathy Brett (8/9/2010 AM)
148. Everlost by Neal Shusterman (11/9/2010 AM)
149. First Test by Tamora Pierce (13/9/2010 AM)
150. Page by Tamora Pierce (13/9/2010 PM)
151. Squire by Tamora Pierce (14/9/2010 AM)
152. Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder (18/9/2010 AM)
153. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles (19/9/2010 AM)
154. Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder (19/9/2010 PM)
155. Red-Headed Stepchile by Jaye Wells (20/9/2010 PM)
156. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary-Ann Shaffer (22/9/2010 AM)
157. Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce (25/9/2010 AM)
158. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (26/9/2010 PM)
159. Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce (26/9/2010 PM)
160. Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce (27/9/2010 PM)
161. The Mage in Black by Jaye Wells (28/9/2010 PM)
162. Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock (29/9/2010 PM)
163. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (30/9/2010 AM)


Unfortunately for my TBR pile, out of those 20 books read, a shocking 9 of them were re-reads *eep* next month I *will* do better mainly because I only have two more books that are going to be re-reads and I'll be getting to them this weekend hopefully.


Favourite Book of the Month

Well any 5 Star books from this month are re-reads so I won't count them. I think my favourite book of this month is Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - I literally only read it this morning but it had the strongest effect on me out of anything I read earlier in the month. Once I've got my Favs reviewed I will definitely be doing a review of this because I honestly found myself wanting to break down crying multiple times whilst reading it and any book that leaves me in tears is worth taking the time to review it properly. 


Books Reviewed this Month
Erm yea, about that... it turns that I only managed to do two reviews this month. I apologise and I can flat-out guarantee that the first two weeks of October will have more reviews that you'll know what to do with. (I exaggerate there will be 8 written by me - and possibly some extra goodies)
Scarlett Dedd by Cathy Brett
The Glass Trilogy by Maria V. Snyder


Other Posts of Import
Not many I'm afraid, I believe I underblogged myself this month but after August's 27 post-a-palouza I reckon I can get away with it :P
Fav Female Characters Part 1 - Seriously I will get round to finishing the other two posts for this mini-series, sometime before the end of the year. I have at least a quarter of part 2 done and I may try and get it done to be part of Favs Fortnight considering that some of characters mentioned in that post are in the books I'm reviewing for this event.
Birthday Bonanza - Y'all still have a week left to enter this contest and so far I've got a cracking 66 entries (which for my second contest is pretty good methinks) so do enter if you haven't already!
BTT - Disaster - the only Booking through Thursday post I've done this month but I took advantage of the question to wax lyrical about my uber-pretty copies of my Tamora Pierce books.


Things to look forward to in October
Well for starters, if you haven't realised yet from my near-spamming levels of repetition, during the first two weeks of October I having a Favs Fortnight event whereby I'm reviewing some of my all-time favourite books and just for shiggles I may witter on for a while about some of my all-time favourite films if I get time. Tune in tomorrow for the master post in which I'll talk about some of the factors that can make a book a favourite in my eyes and the list of the books I'm re-reading and reviewing just for you. You'll also be getting the first review of the eight in the afternoon - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is it's name and being wonderful is its game (the book that is- it's not for me to say that the review is wonderful).


I am also hoping to do NaNoWriMo in November so during October in the lead-up to that terrifying day when I'll have to lock that evil part of my brain, which constantly tells me to edit my writing before it's even out of my head, away somewhere dark, dank and preferably inescapable; I will do a few posts describing my pre-Nano work on my potential novel idea in the hopes that I won't go to pieces from a lack of plot or character realism come November 1st. Wow a few more sentences like that and I'll have NaNo in the bag! :P
Other than that expect the usual Sunday and Monday memes, and occasionally I may throw out there a Teaser Tuesday or Booking Through Thursday post just to keep you on your toes.


Well dang that was a lot of words and I commend you if you trawled through all of them *congratulatory pat on the back*. Now I had better get myself moving and actually write that Favs Master Post which I promised above.
I hope everyone had a Smashing September and Bring on October!
LadyV

2 comments:

Kittie Howard 30 September 2010 at 23:36  

Hi, Lady Vi, I entered your Birthday Bonanza! But most of all Happy Birthday to you, with lots of wishes for a special day.

The previous post wouldn't allow me to drop my blog address. Sorry. But I'd love for you to drop by my blog. :))))

You're a really busy gal; I envy your energy, wow!

Liz 3 October 2010 at 01:54  

You had a very productive month for reading! I'm glad you liked Twenty Boy Summer, as that's in my TBR pile.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP