Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them #1!!

 Thursday 28 October 2010

Hey hey! What a wonderful kind of day! (Ten cookies to the person who knows what that's from :P)
Well guess what folks? It's the first and insanely awesome post of the new joint feature that I and Jess of Jess hearts books are hosting every Thursday. If you missed the post where I explained the origin of this rather uniquely named feature then check it out here!!

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them
A new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess hearts books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it!
Every Thursday we each pick a different cover to gush about so check both blogs!

My Pick for this Week
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Gah, I don't think I can quite express how much I *want* that dress the model is wearing - so damn gorgeous!! I suffer from PDS (Pretty Dress Syndrome) so every time I clap eyes on a book cover with a particularly fabulous dress on it I get serious envy and wish there was some way to drag the dress off the cover so I can wear it!

I also love the smokey background so it's kind of dark but the cover isn't all black like oodles of other paranormal books of late. The pink is lovely and shimmery too and I don't even really like pink!

Note: This is the UK cover that I got off Amazon.co.uk - it's essentially the same as the US one but there's just a *teensy* bit more floatiness going on with the dress and the thistle-looking things are more prominent.

The UK paperback is coming out on the 6th January 2011 from HarperCollins Children's Books so be sure to pre-order it now!!

So that's the cover I'd Lick this week, go check out Jess's post- she's Licking Nightshade this week! (No fair :P)

LadyV

4 comments:

Golden Eagle 28 October 2010 at 19:05  

That is an awesome cover!

Ellie 28 October 2010 at 19:53  

Ten cookies to me - Arthur, right?! *sighs over happy childhood days*
Beautiful cover - haven't got it yet, but I will! And go kick Jess up the blogger bee-hind, she's so busy raving over Malorie Blackman there is NO LICKABLE COVER over there yet... :-)

Ray 28 October 2010 at 20:06  

Hehe Yes Ellie ten cookies for you! (Or I'll buy you some chocolate crackle next time I visit :P)
She's working on it! It'll be up soon patience m'dear!

Jess 28 October 2010 at 20:15  

Arthur! I loved Arthur *coughs still do cough* can I have some crackle too? Paranormalcy is definitely lick-able :P

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP