Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #23 The Post-Birthday One

 Sunday 10 October 2010

Good mornin'  all! And would you believe it I am actually awake before noon and writing this on Sunday morning? (I was out vair late last night drinking and dancing so didn't have time to write it yesterday).
But never mind really since it's all worked out fine, I'm awake in plenty of time to post this *and* get dressed and off to my cricket training session at 12pm.

In my Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

This week there's no vlog since I showed all the books in Friday's (slightly delayed) Birthday Post
But I'm gonna show a photo of the books just in case you don't wanna hop over to the other post and watch the video (I think you should but I'm not gonna push everyone over there :P).

Books Acquired this week
Raised by Wolves - Jennifer Lynne Barnes
Finding Sky - Joss Stirling
Hunger - Michael Grant
Lies - Michael Grant
Leaving Paradise - Simone Elkeles
If I Stay - Gayle Forman
Angel - L.A. Weatherly
Bonjour Tristesse - Francoise Sagan
Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic - Scott Cunningham
A dictionary of World Mythology
Famous Last Words - compiled by Jonathon Green (!!!)
Natural History of the Vampire - Anthony Masters
Plus two grammar books for French and Spanish (not pictured)

Not a bad birthday haul methinks, although when I'm gonna have time to read all those I don't know since I've only read two books so far this month which is horrifying for me. I've still got to read Atonement for my Favs Fortnight and then by decree of Jess I *must* read Angel next (or bad things may happen :S)

Do be lovely and check out Jess's Guest Post from yesterday, she talks about what makes the Harry Potter series so special to her although she can't choose an outright favourite book.
I also did my review on the Prisoner of Azkaban over Here if you fancy having a gander at it.

But that's all we've got time for folks - I gotta fly!
What's in Your Mailbox this Week?
LadyV

13 comments:

CarlyB 10 October 2010 at 11:36  

Ooh I got Raised by Wolves too and I've just started Gone so I can't wait to get started on Hungers and Lies. Great haul! Hope you had a lovely birthday :) x

Dazzling Mage 10 October 2010 at 11:53  

Looking forward to your thoughts on Angel! Awesome books this week, enjoy! =)

Lyndsey OHalloran 10 October 2010 at 12:24  

Yes you must read Angel next and then maybe Finding Sky! Both books I loved! Enjoy :D

Tesni 10 October 2010 at 12:48  

Not a bad birthday haul? They're all excellent! :D Bonjour Tristesse and If I Stay are both beautiful, and Hunger is brilliant too- can't wait to hear your thoughts. Enjoy!

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ 10 October 2010 at 12:54  

Wow... amazing books this week!=)

Angel is on my tbr!! and I loved Leaving Paradise and Rasied by Wolves!=)


Enjoy your reads!
Here's my Mailbox

Misha 10 October 2010 at 15:55  

Woah! I am sure you had a great birthday... all those beautiful books...
In My Mailbox

the story siren 10 October 2010 at 16:10  

wowzers! looks like you had an awesome birthday! i hope you love all of your books! happy reading!

kirsty at the overflowing library 10 October 2010 at 18:10  

awesome books - I love the Michael Grant series!

Anonymous,  10 October 2010 at 18:20  

Hope you enjoy your books :)

Belinda 10 October 2010 at 18:49  

Great mailbox this week and I hope you have loads of fun reading them. Take care!

Come by and see my experimental IMMB

Midnight Bloom 10 October 2010 at 19:00  

Happy belated birthday!! It looks like you got some pretty great birthday gifts!! Happy reading! :)

Tara 10 October 2010 at 22:44  

Love the covers on Hunger and Lies - simplistic and pretty. Hope you enjoy all your new reads :)

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

Savannah 11 October 2010 at 13:24  

Great books and I hope you enjoy them. Happy belated Birthday :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP