Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #26 - The one before Hell Breaks loose

 Sunday 31 October 2010

Happy Halloween!! Strangely I've not been excited for this holiday at all although if you consider the fact that Halloween is followed directly by November 1st then it's much clearer - NANOWRIMO STARTS ON MONDAY!!! *dies* I'm suddenly nearing panic level because my outline is *nowhere near* finished and I really should have characterised some of my secondary people a bit more instead of doing a whole 101 questions your character should be able to answer for my FMC :S

But I'm getting off-topic - it's Sunday (or Doom's Eve as I shall be calling it) and therefore it's time to show y'all what fell into my possession this week!

In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie



Books Acquired this Week
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Crescendo by Becca FitzPatrick
The Wonderful Weekend Book by Elspeth Thompson
A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin


A pretty decent haul for me and it may be the last for a little while unless the pressure of Nanowrimo causes me to go on a book-buying binge of sheer insanity (I do hope not since I need to be saving my money for bills and shiz).

So that's what I got - What's In *Your* Mailbox this week??
LadyV

p.s. For those NanoNutters check back here Sunday night cos I'm feeling kinda batty and I may do a post just after midnight when I start writing!! I'm in the UK obvs so Midnight for me will be 8pm EST/7pm Central. The clocks in the UK go back tonight so I get an extra hour in bed wahey!!

8 comments:

Jess 31 October 2010 at 10:36  

Revolution! :) I'm actually reading *and* enjoying Crescendo! Half way through and even though Patch and Nora are annoying me the plots great! Hope you enjoy your last day before NANOWRIMO kicks off! Argh! xx

iffath 31 October 2010 at 10:40  

Wow, awesome books :D Hope you enjoy!

Good luck with NaNo, I'm exactly the same, have nothing planned and I also have school which isn't going to help. :/

Golden Eagle 31 October 2010 at 11:52  

Happy Halloween. :)

Those are some great books. Happy reading them!

Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I'm doing it too . . . *panics*

Kathy Martin 31 October 2010 at 14:47  

Very nice books! I am eager to get Revolution. I think it sounds great. Good luck with NoNoWriMo. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

Jamie 31 October 2010 at 20:13  

You got some great books this week! I just bought Revolution. I'm REALLY excited about it!!

My IMM vlog

Ellie 31 October 2010 at 20:15  

Hehe, I like the sing-songy title announcements this week - nice touch - and the fact that you spent ten minutes trying to get the ribbon back into that book and checking 'to see what it looks like without the dustjacket'... sometimes I do that too! ;-)

Alison Can Read 31 October 2010 at 23:57  

Good luck with nanowrimo! Hope you love Beautiful Darkness! Oh...what's your favorite Robin McKinley book? I see that she's one of your fav authors.

Unknown 2 November 2010 at 15:17  

I *really* want to read Revolution!
I'm not doing NaNoWriMo, this year, I just found out about it, so maybe I'll try next year :)
I'm your newest follower, please follow back!
Hafsah @ IceyBooks

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP