Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (17)

 Monday 18 October 2010

I didn't do a post for this last week since I'd read only two books and I thought it too pathetic to bother writing up so I'm covering the past fortnight in this post. The last 5 days have been *vair* good in terms of reading and by the time you see this post it might be even better!

It's Monday What are you Reading? Is a weekly bookish meme where we get together to share what books we've read in the past week, what books we're currently reading and what new books we're planning on reading in the coming week along with any reviews or interesting posts. It's hosted by Sheila @One Person's Journey through a World of Books

Books read in the Past Two weeks
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis (I was gonna review it but not anymore sorry)
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (Ditto since I'll only start crying again)
Angel by L.A. Weatherly (I *want* to review it cos it rocked but it's depending on time)
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Again will review if I get time)
If I Stay by Gayle Forman (God loved this book so much)
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (Finally finished this series!)
The Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George (I am addicted to fairy-tale retellings!)
The last five of those books have been read on 5 consecutive days since I went a little mental and binged on books.

Books I'm Currently Reading
World War Z by Max Brooks - This may be fiction but so far it's freaking me the feck out, it feels horribly possible sometime in the future :S

The Ambassador's Mission by Trudi Canavan - It's interesting enough so far although I kinda feel like re-reading the Black Magician's trilogy to refresh my memory of how that series ended.

Books I'm Planning on Reading this Week
Honestly who the heck knows? I'm such a moody reader and at the moment I have times when I don't fancy picking up a book at all so it's pretty hard to give a concrete answer. But I will say that I'm eyeing up a couple of books although I'm gonna have to make sure I ration myself or I'll have a *very* late night and then any morning classes I have will be out the window.

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (I know why haven't I read this sooner?)

Anyways that's been my fortnight and I'm rather looking forward to this week so What are *You* Reading this fine Monday? (I'm hoping it's fine where you are, it's always uncertain for me:P)
LadyV

7 comments:

Jan von Harz 18 October 2010 at 11:58  

I guess I am pretty pathetic most week then as I usually only manage two books a week. I had an extra day off so I did read three this week. Hope you have a better week this week.

heather 18 October 2010 at 13:46  

I loved World War Z. It is amazing how realistic it seems.

Sheila (Bookjourney) 18 October 2010 at 18:39  

The Thief has such an amazing cover! I hope to finish the Rick Riordan series one f these days - I am curious how it all comes together. :)

Darlyn 18 October 2010 at 19:09  

Great pick! i love to read the thief!

AlleluiaLu 18 October 2010 at 20:24  

I might have to put the Thief on my TBR list. Liked many of the books that you've read. Can't wait for the Dawn Treader movie to come out only my daughter is freaking because they are doing things wrong...still can't wait to see it.

Come over to my blog if you get the chance:
http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2010/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Have a great week!

Paula 19 October 2010 at 16:58  

You've been very busy can't wait to see your reviews you can find mine @http://www.communitybookstop.com

Ellie 20 October 2010 at 23:40  

Another most excellent week, Rachel! Though obviously I skipped all reference to 'That Z Book' since I am THAT CLOSE to buying it and tipping my mother over the edge... I have to tackle a little more of Mount TBR first, methinks.

Speaking of which, I'm having to work all fortnight now with no day off (half term in Tourist Central, ick) so I'm going for a YA fortnight, see how many nice shiny YA review and other books I can get read. I'm nearly done with my first book - The Alchemyst by Michael Scott - so my first review MIGHT be up tomorrow... :-)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP