Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

October Round-Off

 Sunday 31 October 2010

Yeesh I totally don't know where this month went!! One minute it's my birthday next thing I know it's Halloween and I'm staring Nanowrimo in the face!
I haven't had a particularly outstanding month blog-wise, I've not got anywhere as many reviews done as I'd like (What the hell am I talking about I did four at the start of the month!), my follower numbers have only crept up a little, and I've neglected a couple of the memes that I used to do.
But on the bright side last week I launched a new cover feature jointly with Jess of Jess hearts books which we think is quirkily awesome.

Books Read this Month
October
164. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
165. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 
166. Angel by L.A. Weatherly 
167. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 
168. If I Stay by Gayle Forman 
169. The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan 
170. The Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George 
171. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
172. World War Z by Max Brooks
173. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler 
174. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner 
175. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly 
176. Finding Sky by Joss Stirling


Favourite Books of Month
Since I've read some cracking books in October I'm choosing three :P
If I Stay by Gayle Forman - Just so beautiful and moving
World War Z by Max Brooks - Erm Zombies Rule?
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly - Fabulously layered historical/contemporary novel


Books Reviewed this Month
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary-Ann Shaffer
The Protector of the Small quartet by Tamora Pierce
Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
World War Z  by Max Brooks


Features this Month
Although I plum near forgot, I did my Favourites Fortnight (which dissolved into a Favs Se'night) right at the start of the month. The posts done for that were as follows:
Favourites Fortnight - The Starting Line
Guest Post from Jess Hearts Books on Harry Potter!...
Guest Review from Musings of a Bookshop Girl
Also in the last week or so I have done several posts for the lead-up to the start of NaNoWriMo 
The Road to NaNoWriMo - Part 1
The Road to NanoWriMo - Part 2
You Know You're Doing Nanowrimo When...


And Finally the new feature launched by Jess and I - inventively titled Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them!
New Feature Launching Next Week!!
Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them #1!!


As always there's been the usual IMM and IMWAYR posts although I've not really done Teaser Tuesdays or Booking through Thursdays at all this month. I did do one hop on Friday but since I'd reached the max number of blogs that I could follow I didn't do much hopping in reality :(


But That has been my October! Not too shabby really although I'm sure next month's round-off post is gonna be weird-looking with near daily Nano update posts and basically nothing else :P


Happy Halloween All!
LadyV

1 comments:

Anonymous,  31 October 2010 at 22:45  

A lovely load of books read this month! I can't wait to read If I Stay, so many people have loved it.
You must follow a load of blogs, that's pretty impressive!
Good luck with NaNoWriMo :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP