Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #27 - Greetings from Oxford!

 Sunday 7 November 2010

Howdy and good day to ye!
I'm not actually at home this Sunday so no vlog I'm afraid but since I actually bought some books on Saturday I can do a post :D

In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren and inspired by Alea @Pop Culture Junkie




Books I acquired this Week
J.R.R. Tolkien; A Biography by Humphrey Carpenter
The Silmarilion by J.R.R. Tolkien
Harry Potter et le Prisonnier d'Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

A rather good haul, all from Oxfam bookshops *all hail* I was really chuffed to find the French Harry Potter book since I'd already got four of the 7 books and the 3rd was one I hadn't got. I just need to get Chamber of Secrets and Deathly Hallows now :).

Since I'm in Oxford and obvs Tolkien was a professor at Merton College for years so it is always very easy to get his books around here. One of the Oxfam shops (yea there are more than one) is just a little way away from the pub called the Eagle and Child where Tolkien is actually supposed to have written some of the Hobbit, so they had a display full of copies of LotR, the Silmarillion, and various other Middle-Earth related books all for half retail price. How I resisted buying up everything I could carry I still don't know :S

Well anyways that's all I got this week What's in Your Mailbox?
LadyV

5 comments:

Unknown 7 November 2010 at 10:22  

All these books look very good! and I love Harry Potter! Happy reading :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox and don't forget to enter the giveaway
Mia

Jess 7 November 2010 at 10:58  

nice finds hun! hope your having a good time x

Golden Eagle 7 November 2010 at 14:12  

HP is amazing, and I love it that you got the French one! JRR Tolkien's books are really good, too.

brandileigh2003 7 November 2010 at 14:52  

Happy reading and have a great rest of the weekend!
here is mine

Ellie 12 November 2010 at 22:32  

I'm ordering the Tolkien biography immediately... Even during NaNoWriMo you've managed to corrupt me! :-)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP