Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Nanowrimo Day 7 & 8

 Tuesday 9 November 2010

Again apologies for the late posting but to be honest you ain't missed much, Sunday and Monday were *awful* writing days.

I can't even remember exactly what I did on Sunday cos the last few days have disappeared so fast - no wait I remember - I spent most of the day eating really. The BoyF and I went to Wetherspoons for Sunday Lunch which was beyond yummy although I eat waaay too fast and felt a bit crap for a while afterwards. We then stayed in Spoons on our respective laptops for a couple of hours taking advantage of the free wi-fi which is probably why I didn't get much written. That and I was writing the chapter where the story almost literally splodes all over the place. In total I wrote a pathetic 829 words on Sunday.

Monday also disappeared before my eyes, I think I did more reading than writing since I bought the biography of J.R.R. Tolkien on Saturday and was flying through it while the BoyF was doing reading for a class he had on Tuesday.  Can't remember really what I did in the afternoon but I know we went out for cookie and caffeine run and at like half 10 at night met one of the boyf's college friends for a drink. A fun day but terribly unproductive in the Nano sense. I managed only 853 words of Chapter 5.

So by the end of Day 8 my word count stood at 13, 319, slightly under the target for that point in the month. In one weekend I squandered my day of being ahead of target. But since I had a fab time with the Boyf I am not that fussed, on the train home I made a nice leap in progress so perhaps I'm just better when I don't have gorgeous cuddlelumps distracting me :P

First week was a good 'un I wrote 4 chapters of my novel although eventually Chapter 3 will become 2 separate chapters rather than one 6,000 word monster. I could have done more at the weekend but I guess I'll just have to play catch-up during second week.

How did my fellow Nano-ers First weeks go? (gah crap sentence!)
LadyV

1 comments:

Golden Eagle 9 November 2010 at 20:26  

Well, even if you didn't make your week goal, at least you had a good time beyond writing. :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP