Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

November Round-Off

 Tuesday 30 November 2010

Erm guys? There's only 25 days til CHRISTMAS!!! WTF? I totally just blanked the last half of November after thinking the first half was actually going quite slow what with Nanowrimo and all. Gah and I've not even done any christmas shopping yet!! :O In terms of blogging it's been my most prolific month yet although that is due to the daily posts I was doing when I was still writing for Nano. In terms of reading it's not been too bad considering that until the 9th I hadn't read a thing, but unless I read something in the next four hours I will end the month on a respectable (by my standards which are stupidly high) 14 books read.

Books Read this Month
November
177. J.R.R. Tolkien: a biography by Humphrey Carpenter (9/11/2010 AM)
178. As You Wish by Jackson Pearce (10/11/2010 AM)
179. The Ambassador's Mission by Trudi Canavan (11/11/2010 PM)
180. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles (13/11/2010 AM)
181. No and Me by Delphine de Vigan (15/11/2010 AM)
182. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (18/11/2010 AM)
183. The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood (20/11/2010 AM)
184. Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble (21/11/2010 AM)
185. Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman (25/11/2010 PM)
186. Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin (26/11/2010 AM)
187. Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce (28/11/2010 PM)
188. Sticky Fingers by Nikki Burnham (29/11/2010 AM)
189. Terrier by Tamora Pierce (29/11/2010 PM)
190. Delirium by Lauren Oliver (29/11/2010 PM)



Favourite Books of the Month
It's kind of bad that two of the 5 Star books from this month came in the last few days and are re-reads several times over. Definitely fav fiction read of the month is Last Sacrifice which I will most likely re-read in the next week as I write my review to be posted on the 7th of December (I'm gonna do my best to keep it spoiler-free for the 6th book although it's likely that there will be spoilers for the earlier books). My favourite non-fiction read (only one at that) was the Tolkien biography I read at the start of the month. 


Books Reviewed this Month
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood
Gotta do better next month with reviews, three is not on when I read 14 books!


Features this Month
Only two editions of Covers So Lovely We'd Lick them this month since Jess has been having computer problems and has been internet MIA for the past two weeks :( I didn't feel like doing them without her, but hopefully if her computer has been fixed then the feature will return in December. Check out the cover licking here and Here.


I also did my first ever discussion post which has actually become more pertinent now that someone has posted spoilers from Last Sacrifice on Goodreads *pox rot you selfish buggers*.
When is an Embargo not an Embargo? - sometimes they're there for a REASON!! 


Also post explaining the NanoFail after 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 days of writing. Numbers go to each days update post if you fancy looking :)


And as always the usual In My Mailbox and It's Monday posts.


December is already shaping up to be an interesting month since I will soon no longer be a student of my current university but will straight away be applying for another degree (In Publishing no less) at another university, here's hoping I don't lose interest in *that* partway through second year. December's mission will be to somehow find a job and not annoy my mum to the point she beats the shit out of me for being a lazy git.


I will be contemplating what Reading Challenges I will be participating in next year. Since I will be doing the 75 Book Challenge again on LibraryThing (the 75ers are the best group :P) that will be my main numbered challenge although I am planning on doing some themed months to try and knock down my massive TBR pile which is rather Classic and Historical Fiction-heavy. I probably won't be doing the Debut Author Challenge since I will be trying to keep down the number of books I buy next year to prevent the necessity of another set of bookshelves :P


But yeah November is over! And dang it if it's nearly the end of the year altogether! When I do my end of year post next month it's sure gonna be jam-packed of thoughts about all the ups-and-downs.
How's Your November Been?
LadyV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP