Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

British Books Reading Challenge!

 Friday 21 January 2011

Although I had kinda said to myself "don't sign up to loads of reading challenges cos you'll only put pressure on yourself to complete them" I still thought I ought to sign up for this particular challenge what with being British and all.

The British Books Challenge is being hosted by The Bookette

The idea behind the challenge is simple, for those home grown Brit folk like myself the aim is to support our marvellous authors by trying to read 12 books by British Authors in 2011. The books can be new or old and from any genre you like.

If you need more motivation to sign up then never fear! The Bookette has had loads of support from several Fab UK publishers and there will be awesome prize packs chock full of goodies that BBC participants can win during the year (a la The Debut Author Challenge).

My Brit Books Reading List
I'm a tad late to start this challenge but I've already read a couple of books by Brits so it's not too bad. I don't want to pick out a set list of books I want to read since I'll invariably end up not wanting to read them when it's an obligation.
1. The Radleys by Matt Haig - Review
2. Stolen by Lucy Christopher - Review

I'll update reviews on this post as the year goes on and hopefully I can smash the 12 book target to smithereens since I have multiple works by non-YA authors such as Elizabeth Chadwick and Daphne du Maurier which I really need to read.

Toodles folk!
LadyV

2 comments:

Melissa 28 January 2011 at 16:48  

Absolutely loved Stolen, and hope you did too. I'm sure that you know of many great books to read considering the fact that you're British and all, and I'm just a lowly Canadian ;), but I read a bunch of great book last year in the YA category that might appeal to you too. Just thought I'd recommend them:

Sally Gardner's I, Coriander

Sally Gardner's The Red Necklace

Jane Eagland's Wildthorn

Enjoy!

Unknown 28 January 2011 at 21:21  

I have been meaning to read Stolen for ages.

Welcome to the challenge.

P.S. Loved I, Coriander
P.P.S. I really need to read The Red Necklace too.

Best of luck

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP