Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them #4

 Thursday 6 January 2011

Hey folks now I know some people might have been wondering where the fandazzle the cover feature went after only 3 weeks back in November but if you also follow Jess of Jess Hearts Books then you might know that her computer went kaput and she wasn't able to blog for 3 weeks so instead of just posting my side of the cover feature we put it on hold until we both could post our delicious cover picks. And thankfully the time has come for us to relaunch the feature! *drumroll*

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them!
The new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess hearts books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it!
Every week we each pick a different cover so be sure to check both blogs!

Wood Angel by Erin Bow

If people are recognising the author's name and thinking "ooh has she got a new book out?" sorry but no. This is the cover for the UK edition of Plain Kate. For reasons unknown the title has been changed but I gotta say that I *Adore* this cover far more than the US version. 

The curly title lettering is lovely and the faery-like girl surrounded by sparkling flora and fauna is simply beautiful. The colours are not garish and I really love the green and the silvery-white of the girl's dress.

Although it doesn't exactly scream "sort-of high fantasy story" it is mind-bogglingly gorgeous and I'm really excited to get it when it's released on the 7th of March 2011.

So That's What I'm Licking This Week (although this cover might call for delicate nibbling :P)
Go Check out what Jess is Licking this Week over on her blog!

Ciao Darlings,
LadyV

3 comments:

Elodie 6 January 2011 at 10:22  

I hadn't heard of this book before and you're totally right the UK version is gorgeous !! I've added it to my list ;)

Books for Company 6 January 2011 at 11:51  

Wow! First time l have seen this cover, l love it!

Lyndsey OHalloran 6 January 2011 at 13:43  

This one looks great. It was added to my wishlist as soon as I saw it!!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP