Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

January Round-Off

 Monday 31 January 2011

Egads! Tis basically February and I can already foresee that March will be steamrollering its way over us faster than we can blink. In both bloggy and reading terms this month has been pretty darn good, I've managed to post at least once a day and by the time I've caught up on reviews for this month I will have reviewed three-quarters of the books I've read which is more than my aspirational half.

What now follows is the list of books I've read this January, those I have reviewed will have links and those that don't will have them once I've written the reviews.
January
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
2. Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
3. Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
4. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
5. The Radleys by Matt Haig
6. Stolen by Lucy Christopher
7. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
8. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
9. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
10. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
11. Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
12. Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
13. The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce
14. Never Suck a Dead Man's Hand by Dana Kollman
15. Firespell by Chloe Neill
16. Soulless by Gail Carriger
17. Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
18. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
19. Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill
20. Street Magic by Tamora Pierce
21. Shatterglass by Tamora Pierce


Favourite Books of the Month
I only have two 5 star reads that are new (three are re-reads) so I'll just show them both. I'm sure that almost everyone will agree that these highly-anticipated books were *well* worth their hype and I'll be damned if they weren't two of the best debut novels I've read... well ever. So cheers to Steph Perkins and Beth Revis for writing such freaking awesome books!


Leftover 2010 Reviews
Since I was incredibly bad at posting during December last year I posted two reviews from the last week of 2010 at the very start of this month so I would actually have something to post while I was getting into my reading stride. These two books were Entangled by Cat Clarke and Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder. Both were also fecking awesome and I seriously recommend that you check them out!


Other Shenanigans
Due to the re-occurrence of computer troubles for my dear friend Jess there were only 2 editions of our joint cover-loving feature Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them. Hopefully once everything is all straightened out we'll do the sensible thing and plan out a month or two of posts and get them all scheduled so we don't have to worry if this happens again :P (but we are a daft pair so don't hold your breath)

Also since it was my 1st Blogaversary on the 16th of January I launched a month long contest to win a copy of Last Sacrifice or Crescendo with the promise of a third winner if I reached 300 blog followers before the closing date on February 16th SO GO ENTER HERE!! Please it would mean a lot to me if you did *bats eyelashes*

What To Expect in February
Well due to lack of employment currently I will be going on a Book Buying Ban for the whole month and I might be doing some posts about budgeting and working through the crazy-massive TBR pile instead of continually adding to it.
Of course there'll be the standard Monday and Sunday memes plus hopefully Covers So Lovely returning on Thursdays. I may occasionally pitch in with Top Ten Tuesdays and the Book Blogger Hop but it probably won't be a weekly thing.
And lastly expect reviews of books on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays - I will try my best to keep to that schedule but if I happen to miss a review day then I'll try to make it up as soon as I can.


So that was January... Let's see how February fares
LadyV

1 comments:

Kittie Howard 1 February 2011 at 01:04  

Holy Moley, but that's some reading! I've added Anna and the French Kiss to my TBR list. Everything you've recommended as turned out to be just as you said. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP