Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I resolve to read in 2011

 Tuesday 4 January 2011

Howdy folks, since this Tuesday was feeling a bit empty and all I decided to get all listy and participate in this week's Top Ten meme.

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature created at The Broke and the Bookish because they rather like making lists and love to share them with their fellow bloggers! 

Ten Books I want to read in 2011
  1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Everyone and their auntie have been raving about this book and since my copy just arrived this morning *pats book beside her* it's going to be one of my top priorities this year.
  2. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray - I have been putting off reading this mammoth book for a couple of years now but since I finally read Rebel Angels last year I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet this year, even if it is scarily big.
  3. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak - I know I must be one of the last people on the planet who hasn't read this but I've been wary about the hype and the one time I actually started it I didn't get past page 40. But I shall try again and see how I go.
  4. All the Things We didn't Say by Sara Shepard - I received this as part of an Early Review program back in February and I still haven't got round to reading it. Must do it soon!
  5. The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness - Since I adored the Knife of Never Letting Go I really need to get on with reading the other two books in the trilogy. 
  6. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain - Why haven't I read this yet? Who knows but I will get to it in the next few months.
  7. Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - I have so many classics I should read so this one is as good a place as any to start.
  8. The Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks - I did get a fair way into this High Fantasy book but then I got distracted by other books and never went back to it. I want to re-start it so I can read the others in the trilogy.
  9. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller - It's one of those books you kinda have to read n'est-ce pas?
  10. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - I've read 3 Austen books this is one of the 3 I have left  to read.
So that's my list of books that I wholly intend to read in 2011 *snorts* although whether I actually do will remain to be seen since I am notoriously bad for making a list and ignoring it entirely.
Have a great Tuesday y'all
LadyV

12 comments:

Mrs. DeRaps 4 January 2011 at 11:36  

The Book Thief is an all-time favorite of mine. It's beautiful and sad and tragic and awesome all rolled into one. Anna and the French Kiss is a fun, romantic read. Hope you love all of these must-reads!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz 4 January 2011 at 12:06  

I gave in and ordered Anna from Amazon this weekend! Can't wait to see what you think....

Here's my list of ten books to read this year.

Geosi 4 January 2011 at 12:44  

lovely list. Sense and sensibility looks to be a nice read. happy reading.

Anonymous,  4 January 2011 at 14:02  

I've got a Wilkie Collins in queue - The Moonstone. I need to get hold of Woman in White sometime. I'm also hoping to finish the rest of the Austen novels this year...we'll see.

Here's to hoping you get to stick to this list and finish it.:)

Risa

Amanda 4 January 2011 at 16:45  

Anna and the French Kiss made my list as well. And I really want to read Catch-22 as well!! Hope you enjoy these!
--Another Book Junkie

Peppermint Ph.D. 4 January 2011 at 21:54  

I'm one of those last people on Earth with you...but The Book Thief is on my list as well and HIGH priority!!
I may have to give Anna and the French Kiss a try as well...it has made a lot of lists! :)

Anonymous,  4 January 2011 at 23:22  

I haven't read Sense & Sensibility either - might be the only Austen I've not read! I hope to read it this year as well.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks 5 January 2011 at 00:38  

Your list (my comment):
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - (this is on my TBR pile, too. I daughter read it in two days.)
2. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray - (I agree that the size makes this one daunting. Will i attack it in 2011?)
3. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak - (That is exactly what I did. Slow start I was so weirded out by the narrator...but prevail. It is wonderful.)
5. The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness (Love this series!)
9. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller - (I thought this book was really weird)
10. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - (Jane Austen, what can I say? Swoon.)

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous 5 January 2011 at 05:45  

I haven't read the book theif either but I've seen it on almost everyones list. Hum..
Also the dark devine series and anna are books I want to read as well.

audreygeddes 5 January 2011 at 07:39  

Wonderful list! I have read The Book Thief and it was excellent. Good luck with your reading :}. You might also enjoy Leonid Korogodski's new science fiction novel out called, Pink Noise: A Posthuman Tale, which is about a brilliant doctor who become posthuman after losing his brain five centuries ago. He comes across a young women who has been seriously injured and maps his own mind into hers. The author is so inventive it’s amazing - I couldn't put this one down!

April (BooksandWine) 7 January 2011 at 03:09  

Okay, so I've read 7 of your 10. And I loved all 7 of them. ESPECIALLY the Way of Shadows and The Book Thief.

2011 is going to rock your face off if you read this whole list!

Shanyn 9 January 2011 at 04:35  

I'm starting to think I should have put The Book Thief on mine - maybe I'll add it as #11 :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP