Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Books Read and Acquired - Blog the First!

 Saturday 14 July 2012

Good afternoon my chickies! Just to prove that I wasn't having a one-day burst of blogenergy I have decided that it's about time that my Youtube Channel reconnected with my blog. During my long blog absence I was still making vlogs over on Youtube, there I started doing a little thing I called "Books Read and Acquired" where on a Saturday I would plonk myself in front of my webcam and witter about all the books I'd bought/borrowed/been given and also what I'd read over the past week. My own little one-woman meme.

Up to now I've done 12 of these vlogs (occasional gaps where I've not made a video for a while) and today I thought beforehand "I should totally post this on the blog as well" and here I am. I gotta warn you these videos are usually pretty lengthy (I can talk a *lot* when I put my mind to it), so if you can make it through the whole thing then the congratulatory cookies are on the table for you *grins*. Do excuse thumbnail pouty face.

 
Books Read
The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (Re-Read)
The Etymologicon by Mark Forsyth
The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
The Second Book of General Ignorance by Johns Lloyd & Mitchinson
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
*Also Re-read* Seraphina by Rachel Hartman - REVIEW COMING SOON!!

Books Acquired
The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint (From the BHF)
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett (From awesome Antique shop in Alfreton)
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (From the Works)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo (From the Works)
*Not Mentioned* The Second Book of General Ignorance (Also bought in the Works)
Unrest by Michelle Harrison (From Waterstones)
Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson (From Waterstones)
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (From Coventry Waterstones)
Slated by Teri Terry (From Cov Waterstones)
Saving June by Hannah Harrington (From Cov Waterstones)
Revived by Cat Patrick (From Cov WHSmiths)
Myth & Magic: The artwork of John Howe by John Howe (From The Works in Derby)
The Illustrated Jane Austen Library by Jane Austen (From the Works in Derby BLESS YOU) 

So there yous go! If you want to catch yourselves up on the previous vlogs then please feel free to head on over to the Tube of You-ness and watch the playlist I will shortly be creating (link).

And now I shall be dashing off to go do a prodigious amount of ironing (which seems to be almost my occupation these days). Keep your eyebulbs peeled for the Review coming later this week. I may also post any vlog reviews I did during my hiatus.

Domestically Yours
LadyV

2 comments:

Ellie 15 July 2012 at 09:11  

Bloody nora, that Austen's HUGE! Have you seen 'The Jane Austen Book Club'? It reminds me of the enormous book Grigg carries round with him because 'he thought they might all be sequels'!

Hope you like the Bill Bryson - he's one of my favourite authors and 'Small Island' is definitely one of my faves because it's all about us weird lot here in Britain! I also recommend 'Notes from a Big Country', which is a book of his funny columns about returning to the US after years living here. TRES awesome.

P.S. I'll say it again - GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK DUDE, I'VE MISSED BEING ABLE TO STALK YOU VIA BLOGSPOT! :)

Jess 16 July 2012 at 12:58  

Wow that Jane Austen really is pretty! But HUGE too! Part of me is sad that they didn't have it in my The Works and another part relieved as I don't know where I would put it!

I'm so glad you didn't buy The Hunt in the end, I read it and hated it so I felt really relieved that it wasn't one I made you buy and you chose the others instead! Look forward to seeing your thoughts on these and the Seraphina review. :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP