Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

July Reading Update

 Monday 6 August 2012

A good morning to ye fine folk! I know it's been a little quiet on the blog front for the past week or two but never fear I've not disappeared again! It's just been a much busier month than any other so far this year for very excellent reasons and I've done very little reading since I've basically not been at home most weekends :D

While the whole job front is still a bit uncertain I gotta say that for the first time in 18 months I'm too happy to give a flying fuck. Things will all sort themselves out eventually.

Anyways this is a now rather belated look back at what I've read in July and for the most part it is a awfully tiddly amount due to aforementioned reasons.

Books Read in July
104. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers 6/7/2012 PM 4 Stars
105. Unrest by Michelle Harrison 19/7/2012 PM 4 Stars
106. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss 20/7/2012 AM 4.5 Stars
107. A Gentleman of Fortune by Anna Dean 23/7/2012 AM 4 Stars
108. Mr Cavendish. I Presume? by Julia Quinn 27/7/2012 AM <4 b="b" stars="stars">
109. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart 29/7/2012 PM 4 Stars

Wow a whole month without a single re-read! (Wait that's a lie I re-read Seraphina for a second time) but still it's impressive! I've discovered my new fluffy book love - Julia Quinn novels! I've found myself very enamored with stories set in Regency England of late and now with the finding of Miss Julia and her wonderfully funny characters and occasional sauciness I am determined to get my grubby mitts on more of her books! Add in the rather delightful Anna Dean books which are Regency murder mysteries where the main character is a bit like Miss Marple with a love of deduction and I have all the Austen-esque fun I could want!

But the Book of the Month has to be The Name of the Wind, an immensely fabulous fantasy novel with the most compelling story that ends so lacksidaisily that it made me flail and want to go out and devour Wise Man's Fear straight away just so I could know what Kvothe was up to next. It still awes me that this was Patrick Rothfuss' debut novel, dude can fecking *write*!

Now to continue with what I'm supposed to be doing (job-hunting) and hopefully later I will get to finish what I'm currently reading - Frostfire by the fabulous Zoe Marriott - and actually start joining in properly with the Summer Wrap-up Readathon that I'm supposedly taking part in this week. *snort*

Procrastinationally Yours,
LadyV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP