Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Writing Ray - Mega Milestone

 Sunday 1 June 2014

So a very short while ago I finished what is currently the last chapter of my book. And I finally passed 60,000 words. Y'heard right. SIXTY mutha-effing THOUSAND WORDS! :O


Dude I know *I'm* shocked as hell. When I started seriously writing this book back in January I had very little idea that I was going to end up here in June, well on my way to finishing writing my first book. I mean WUT? I have daydreamed ideas for years and excepting my Nanowrimo attempt of 2010, never really started writing any of the story ideas I had. I have several drawers full of notebooks with odd bits of scribblings about various ideas but nothing on the scale of tens of thousands of words.

I ain't finished yet though. I have at least 25K more that I need to write and that includes the first few chapters after the prologue and some important plot development sections from the middle of the book. So no slacking off for me. If the writing gods are nice to me maybe I can get this first draft complete by the time the summer holidays start so I can spend those sunny days *crosses fingers* in my garden editing and planning rewrites, but more likely plotting for book 2.

So there's that. Also I have to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to my twinnie/bestie/Alpha Reader extraordinaire/Primary cheerleader Jess who has been such an awesome part of writing this book so far. Without her reading my scenes when I finish them, pestering me when I'm procrastinating and motivating when I am feeling wobbly, I do not honestly know if I would be at this milestone now. I love you to bits Jess and I can't express how much I appreciate everything you've done for me.


I do also owe thanks to my lovely, lovely boyfriend, Mark who has dealt most admirably with having a slightly crazy writer-girlfriend these past six months. He has given me the chance to write guilt-free on some evenings and then made sure I did my other work on others :P He has listened to me rant and ramble about my book even though he hasn't read all of what I've done (eventually once the first draft is done he will *have* to read the whole thing). He's given me hugs after I dissolved into a sobbing mess  when I wrote the DDS and he has kept me fantastically supplied with cups of tea. Sweetie, you possibly won't see this (unless you click the link on Twitter out of curiosity), but I love you and thank you for putting up with me through this. I will do my best to get my Spacey-Wacey work done as well as finish this book :P


Ok now I need to stop faffing about with gifs and do my ironing since I go back to work tomorrow for the start of my last term working as a TA at that school and I have *nothing* to wear. :S

Thank you again and here's to an exciting June of writing, reading and HOLY SHIT TFIOS!! *prepares all the tissues*
Laters
Ray

1 comments:

Jess 2 June 2014 at 17:34  

I'M SO PROUD OF MA TWINNIE!!! YOU WILL FINISH YOUR AMAZING WIP AND WE WILL EDIT LIKE FIENDS! I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M SHOUTY I'M JUST SO HAPPY AND PROUD, OKAY? Also thanks for the Benny GIF you really do know how to thank a girl ;)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP