Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors you own the most books by

 Tuesday 29 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme created by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Now I am a lady who gets attached to particular authors and then proceeds to buy ALL THE BOOKS they've ever written. Or at least multiple editions of the few books they did. So this topic is perfect for me.

Let's get cracking!

1. Tamora Pierce - MY QUEEN! Now I have 27 Books  by Tammy which is almost unprecedented I know. One is a duplicate copy of Trickster's Queen because my first copy has got a worrisome crack in the spine, it hasn't fell apart but one can never be too cautious in these cases! But yea, Tammy is my most owned author and will probably remain so for a long time to come.

2. Enid Blyton - This is not so significant when you think that I have all of the Famous Five books plus a few of the Secret Sevens. So 25 Books is almost a small Blyton collection.

3. J.K. Rowling - Now I bet some people are wondering how good ol' J.K. has got so high on this list when she's only really written 13 unique books but when you own two full sets of Harry Potter in english, plus 6 in French and 2 in Spanish it's gonna add up to an overall total of 24 Books.

4. Daphne du Maurier - If anyone has been following my blog/youtube since my Uni days y'all might remember that I developed a bit of an addiction to buying cheap copies of Du Maurier books whenever I found some I didn't have. This added up to a collection of 18 books that is predominantly unread *sigh*.

5.  Jane Austen - See entry no. 3, hell see this video here and you'll how it's possible to end up with 16 books by the lady who only had 6 published novels and 3 unfinished works. *facepalm*

6. Elizabeth Chadwick - Ditto as with Daphne, I bough TONS of her books while I was at Uni and many of them are still sat up on a shelf somewhere unread. 15 books man what am I doing?

7. Charlaine Harris - Even though I don't own the last Sookie Stackhouse book I have 14 books by her including the Harper Connelly mystery series. Might soon cull the hell of this collection though.

8. Sarah Dessen/Sir Arthur Conan Doyle/David Eddings/Stephanie Laurens/Maria V. Snyder/Richelle Mead (as of later today) - Ok the crazy tie is because I have 11 books by each of these authors. Richelle will be sneaking into this group once my copy of Silver Shadows drops through my letterbox :P

9. Ally Carter - Ally has got this group all to herself for now with just a mere 10 books, maybe more will join her in time :P

10. Trudi Canavan/Cassandra Clare/John Green/Georgette Heyer - This is another case of "How did *that* author sneak in here? I own 3 freaking copies of TFIOS and a french edition of Looking For Alaska that's how I have 9 books by John and these other authors.

So that's my top ten(ish) authors that I own the most books by! It's a seriously scary list when you think that all these account for nearly 250 books in my library! That is a quarter of all the books I own right there!

Anyone else got a similar addiction to buying multiple pretty editions of books by authors you love?
Have a great Tuesday folks!
Ray x

6 comments:

Anonymous,  29 July 2014 at 14:39  

Do the sookie books get better after the first one? I read it and didn't like it very much. I got them as a gift though so I feel rotten not reading them...
http://wp.me/p3ftwe-uH

Ray 29 July 2014 at 14:54  

Well I'd say once you get past book 4 or 5 (which I've not read more than once) the novelty starts to wear off a bit, I realised when I re-read the first three a while back that around 7 people get murdered in each book which is gonna lead to some serious population decrease over time. I had the same issue with the Morganville vampire series - after the first arc ended in book 6 it just started to feel too dragged out and I never read past book 8

Lillian @ Mom with a Reading Problem 29 July 2014 at 18:13  

After reading your list, I realized I left out Charlaine Harris. How did I do that?!

Enbrethiliel 29 July 2014 at 20:26  

+JMJ+

You're quite a collector! Authors in my library didn't start "tie-ing" each other until around 7 or 8 books.

On another note, I'm glad to see Georgette Heyer finally show up on someone's list. Not that she made mine or anything. =P

Anonymous,  30 July 2014 at 15:44  

Tamora Pierce yesssss. She's the best. I really can't wait until she has a new book out. I also love seeing Sarah Dessen on your list as I want everyone to read her books haha :)

Aylee 30 July 2014 at 21:02  

Okay, I'm totally ashamed to admit this, but I've never actually read anything by Tamora Pierce! I really need to fix this because clearly people think very highly of her!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP